Saturday, October 23, 2010

The chaos continues

Things have been chaotic at the Friends for Felix household for the past couple of weeks. We have had our little man's first two teeth come through = grumpy baby and sleepless nights, the passing of my beautiful grandfather who I was quite close to and came quite unexpected, the dreaded flu, the house being in a constant state of mess and dirty washing, ah it seems to be a bit of a never ending list at the moment. I am really looking forward to things getting back to some kind of normality. For all of these reasons not a lot of craft has been done over the last couple of weeks. All I feel like doing is some sewing as I find it so relaxing but have been too exhausted and lacking time to do so. 

I am currently working on a order for Miss J and experimenting with some different fabrics for the wings of Octavious Owl, but have not quite found anything that I am happy with.

I have given up on trying to get a complete Christmas range out at the one time.  I have finished some super cute tree decorations that I will launch tomorrow and the other pieces will be added as they are complete. I love doing our Christmas shopping and usually by this time of year my Christmas list is complete and presents have started piling up in the spare room - well not this year! Our Christmas shopping complete is my goal for November. I have decided that this year I am going to support all things handmade and am going to use www.madeit.com.au and www.etsy.com for the majority of my Christmas shopping. I would rather support a local artisan to continue their craft and give some truely unique gifts. 

Until tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment