Sunday, October 24, 2010

Christmas has started!

Today Christmas preparations at the Friends for Felix household are truely underway. Today is the launch of our christmas decorations on Facebook and I have finally made a christmas gift list! While cleaning up the garden on the weekend I found an old palm tree seed pod which I thought would make a wonderful christmas decoration. I have used it to display our christmas decoration range here at Friends for Felix. I am considering spray painting it white and using it in our house this Christmas. We always have a real Christmas tree in a pot but our last one died (ops forgot to water it!!) and it will look very special decorated with our handmade items.
 A more modern take on Christmas
Traditional red, green and white

I have continued to experiment with the sewing machine and have created a very cute angel garland. This was inspired by one that I found in a Woman's Weekly Christmas cookbook which had some yummy christmas treats that I will be making this December. I decided to create mine out of felt and christmas cardstock - two of my favourite things!
I am pretty happy how they have all turned out. The cardstock has little santas on the other side so but the red is my favourite. 


Last year when pregnant I had so many people tell me how it would be the last of the handmade gifts I would create as this Christmas I would be busy with my bubba. While I am super busy, creating handmade gifts is something that is really important to me. I have been doing it for as long as I can remember. I know that gifts are extra special if someone has taken the time to create it themselves. It is something that I want our son to continue on as well as he gets older so I am leading by example. This year I am going to create handmade christmas cards, yummy baked christmas gifts and the added special pieces that I create through Friends for Felix.


Well I am off to start on our Christmas orders followed closely by cutting out cardstock for some Christmas cards!

Orders and pricing of our Christmas range can be obtained through our facebook page www.facebook.com/forfelix or my emailing us at friendsforfelix@gmail.com.

Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment